11*30*14 [dale]

so I was on my way to a photo-shoot in my home state of oklahoma. I was already stoked about the shoot involving old friends, their gorgeous senior boy, and a slew of adorable dogs. then the mom mentioned we might use some old family property - that happened to be sitting on a private, pristine SLICE OF ROUTE 66!!! It was the site of a rest stop and gas station back in the day with quaint stone cabins for weary travelers of the Mother Road. IT WAS SO COOL!

here is nick standing in the doorway of one the four little motel rooms on the property. each limestone structure has a cozy stone fireplace, a couple of windows, just enough room for a double bed and some luggage, and covered parking. just SO cool to explore a delicious slice of oklahoma's history with this brown-eyed boy! (a little side-note - when he was four years old, he scrawled his name & phone number on a dinner napkin, and with a little wink, asked me to put it in my purse. those dark eyes and dimples are still just as disarming as they were back then! loved this senior session!)


 

 
 


No comments: